- Class 7 visited the Qutub
Minar, on the 15th of July.
- An Impromptu Debate (Classes 10 and 11), held on 17th July, was won by
Ashutosh Kumar and Zain Khan
- The Math Prize Test took place on Friday the
- Class 5 visited the National Science Center on 18th July.
- Congratulations to the Hindi Recitation award winners-
Manavi Bhardwaj, Vrithima Wadhwa, Udit Aggarwal.
- The commencement of school after the hot summer holidays has also led to the commencement of three interhouse tournaments:
1. Table Tennis
-Accounts students attended a workshop on chartered accountancy by experts at the Chamber of Commerce on 24th July.
- In the coming month the senior boy’s football team is going to start the Nivea Football tournament. Preparations are underway.
- The Inter House Science Quiz was held recently, and was won by Green house team consisting of
Ravi Raj Singh, Aditi Malik, Vidhur Bhargav and Karan Kumar.
- An Economics Debate was held on 16th July and was won by
Hemganini Dadhwal and Yaman Verma.
- The Economics-Business studies Ad Act competition
was won by a team consisting of Arjun Talwar, NIpun Sharma, Jai Kewalramani and Saurabh Chopra.
Summer Placements for Class
The class 11 students worked for 4 weeks in an organization of their choice. The program was a great success and the school received a positive feedback from both the students and the organizations they worked at. . Here are a few comments from the students themselves. Incidently the favourite employer was Maurya Sheraton(I wonder why???).
"It was a great experience of corporate life. We saw how hard people were working," says Simit Batra, who did a research on AC and Microwave markets at Electrolux Kelvinator.
"It was a learning experience, says Daksh Varma, who developed a computer interface for teaching electricity to class 9 students at NIIT
"We saw cutting edge technology and machinery. We learnt procedures and observed work. It was an interesting experience," says Ashutosh Kumar, who participated in a genetics program at JNU
"I made a website in JAVA script, learnt HTML coding and making a basic website. I also got familiar to XHTML and other Extended Markup Languages. It gave me an insight into what I might want to pursue as a career," says Vidur Bhargava, who did software programming during his stint of summer training
Yaman Verma, XI-C
Inside the Newsletter
page 2 - Harry Potter Quiz
page 3 - Stargazing
page 4 - Junior School writes
page 5 - Letter to the Editor