Our Junior Soccer Team
is literally on a winning streak:
In the 6th Brother Mahony Soccer
Tournament that is currently going on, Vasant Valley
beat Army Public School 5-0 and
Don Bosco School 6-0. The high scorers in both games were
Avi Kakkar and Sanil Makhija
scoring 4 and 6 goals overall respectively.
In the Timex Kickoff 2010 we are currently at the 2nd rank being beaten only by
Modern School, Barakhamba. There are 4 matches left of this series.
In the Milo Soccer League, the boys from below class 5 have played 15 matches winning 13 and drawing 2.There is only one match left which will be held on the 7th of Feb.
The Softball and Cricket Tri-series (inter-section) will be starting next week for all classes. This is also to help make
School and House Teams.
Camps of all sports are being held on a regular basis and the
Senior School Soccer Team is doing extremely well.
Most Inter House Matches have been stalled until April as the class elevens are on
Preparatory Leave for their Board Exams.
By Tiya Tejpal and Anjali Malik
SUPER SIX SPORTS
1. What is the strength of the panel of empires for the World Cup 2003 matches?
2. Which team was awarded the honour of playing the opening match with the hosts due to their previous accomplishments and contributions to cricket?
3. With which country will India play its first match of the World Cup?
4. How many coins are going to be used for toss of the matches and what are they made of?
5. How many days will the tournament run for?
6. Which player will be playing his fifth world cup and also scored a century in the final of one?
7. How many matches will be played in this World Cup?
8. How many teams are participating in the world cup?
By Mayanka Uppal,
XII - A
Sheenum M. Kumar, Aman Raj Khanna, Tiya Tejpal, Rubaina Khan, Anjali Malik, Alisha Damodran, Noor Jehan Rajput, Vaneeka Talwar, Swati Sood, Rhea Bhattacharya, Ashwin Garg, Ashutosh Kumar, Svati Goyal, Sahiba Siddhu, Saranya Misra, Arnav Sharma, Varini Sharma, Ashish Aggarwal
Sports Desk: Rohan Arora and Ashok Nayar
Editor: Mihika Acharya