WIN EXCITING PRIZES daily by answering "Todays Question". The first right answer received will get a prize. The competition is open to all schools.
click here to read more
An Indian woman in space: After Kalpana, it's Sunita. Three years after Kalpana Chawla, Sunita Williams is the next woman of Indian origin to make a space odyssey.
US-born Sunita Williams, along with astronauts Michael Lopez-Alegria and Mikhail Tyurin, have been selected as part of the 14th crew for the six-month long International Space Station Expedition.
37-year-old Sunita who will be flight engineer will join Expedition 14 after traveling to the station on space shuttle mission STS-116. This will be Sunita's first space flight. Michael Lopez-Alegria will be the commander and the station science officer and Mikhail Tyurin will be the flight engineer and Soyuz commander.
During her 6- month long stay in the International Space Station, she will interact with 50 schools from all over the world. You could ask her-
- About her experience,
- Will she miss her dog Gorby?
- What are the experiments that she plans to conduct in space?
- What difficulties is she experiencing?
- As she looks at the Earth from space, what impresses her the most?
- Is flying the shuttle the same as flying a plane?
- What was it like to take a spacewalk?
- What is her favorite food to eat on the shuttle?