CBSE Class XIIMarksheet and Passing Certificate
29th September, 2020
CBSE Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate of the All India Senior School Certificate Examination for Class XII conducted in 2020, will be available in the Senior School office, from Monday the 5th of October onwards, between 10am and 2pm. It has to be collected by a parent or the legal guardian of the child.
इस वर्ष वर्तमान परिस्थितियों को देखते हुए 'आज तक वाद –विवाद प्रतियोगिता' का आयोजन ऑनलाइन किया जा रहा है । कक्षा 9 से 12 तक के जो भी विद्यार्थी इसमें भाग लेना चाहते हैं अपने नाम 20 जून तक manjur (@) vasantvalley (.) org को ईमेल कीजिए ।
१८ जून, २०२०
4th March, 2020
As you are aware, cases of COVID19 Coronavirus have been detected in the NCR. While COVID19 is like any other respiratory viral infection, the transmission rate is significantly high, which means a larger number of people are likely to get infected. Children and senior citizens are most vulnerable and so it is important for all of us to take adequate precaution.
We in school have taken all necessary measures as recommended by our Medical Advisory Council, which comprises a number of very accomplished and respected members of the medical fraternity. Dr. Rahul Nagpal, a well-known pediatrician of Fortis Hospital and our school doctor for more than twenty years as well as parent, Dr. Navin Dang, a noted pathologist in Delhi and Dr. Naresh Trehan, the world renowned cardiac surgeon of Medanta Hospital, have grandchildren in the school. We are in constant touch with all of them for medical advice and they will be keeping us abreast of all the new updates related to COVID 19.
As per their advice the school will be taking the following additional steps:
• As a standard practice the school is cleaned thoroughly every day but for now we will be deep cleaning with a medical disinfectant every day as well as fumigating. All frequently touched objects and surfaces are being cleaned and sanitized frequently.
• As a standard procedure, the food in school is cooked and served in hygienic conditions. We are in constant communication with our long term caterer and even more stringent hygiene checks have been put in place. The staff responsible for carrying food are being checked every morning for any flu like symptoms.
• All children, including those who have gone on camp, are being instructed to wash their hands with soap and water. When soap and water is not available, they are being asked to sanitize their hands with the sanitizers which have been provided, especially after using public transport or being in public spaces. All this is being done under the close supervision of the teachers.
• Children are being told to cover their mouth when they cough or sneeze into a tissue and then throw it in a bin. 'Catch it, bin it and kill it' is the mantra to deal with the virus.
• Children are being educated to avoid touching their eyes, nose and mouth unless they have washed their hands thoroughly.
• All children who have shown flu-like symptoms of cough, cold or fever, should stay at home. Please consult your physician immediately and follow medical advice. Do not send a child who is sick to school, till they are symptom free.
• As a precautionary measure, we will be sending home any child who has any symptoms of cold, fever or cough. For now, we will not be sending or hosting children of other schools for inter-school activities.
• All adults working in the school who feel unwell have been asked to stay at home and will not attend work till they are completely symptom free and have got a clearance from a medical practitioner.
• We will be doing a check with thermal scanner thermometer, on all adults in school every morning including visitors.
Here is a list of things that you can do at a personal level:
• Follow all the hygiene measures mentioned above at home as well.
• If someone in the family has travelled to any of the 77 countries that have so far been affected by COVID 19, in the last 14 days, they should self-isolate. This includes not attending school for 14 days after their return. Please be responsible and check with your physician before sending the children to school. The list of countries affected by the virus is available on the internet, so please do check if you have just travelled or are planning to travel abroad.
• It is advisable to stay away from large gatherings, avoid hugs and handshakes.
The most important thing for all of us to remember is not to panic or conceal facts in case anyone displays any symptoms. As responsible members of the community, we must be forthcoming and proactive in taking measures to contain the spread of COVID 19, as a fundamental duty to our children and the larger community.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation and keep you informed of any further steps that we might have to take. In the meanwhile, let us work together for the safety of the entire Vasant Valley School community and the country. As always, the safety and security of our children continues to be our utmost priority and I know I can always count on your cooperation and support in ensuring their well-being.
Let's be aware and alert at all times.
Have a safe Holi, at home and with family.
School Timings for February, 2020
The children of classes Nursery and 1 are still very young and we have decided to extend the winter timing for the children of these classes, through the month of February. The school day will continue to begin at 9:00 a.m. for these two year groups till Friday the 28th of February 2020. Children from Nursery will go home at 1:40 p.m. as usual and the Class 1 children will go home at 3:20 p.m., as they usually do.
Practice Test Schedule - Class 10 and 12
28th January, 2020